The Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT is an add-on board for Raspberry Pi computers with
PoE pins, including Raspberry Pi 3B+ and Raspberry Pi 4. It is used to power
Raspberry Pi via an Ethernet cable, provided that power-sourcing equipment is
installed on the Ethernet network. The HAT also includes a fan that will cool the
Raspberry Pi processor.
The Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT is Mechanically compatible with the original Raspberry Pi PoE HAT
Standard: IEEE 802.3at-2003 PoE
Input voltage: 37–57 V DC, Class 4 device
Output power: 5 V DC/4 A
Cooling: 25 mm × 25 mm brushless fan delivering 2.2 CFM for processor cooling
• Fully isolated switched-mode power supply
• Fan control
Operating temperature: 0 °C to +50 °C
Production lifetime: The Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT will remain in production until at least January 2027
Compliance: For a full list of local and regional product approvals,
please visit www.raspberrypi.org/compliance
• This product shall only be connected to a Raspberry Pi via the four PoE pins.
• Any external power-sourcing equipment/power injector used to enable an Ethernet network shall comply with relevant regulations and standards applicable in the country of intended use.
• This product should be operated in a well ventilated environment, and if used inside a case, the case should not be covered.
• The connection of incompatible devices to the GPIO connection of a Raspberry Pi computer may.
affect compliance and result in damage to the unit and invalidate the warranty.
• All peripherals used with this product should comply with relevant standards for the
country of use and be marked accordingly to ensure that safety and performance
requirements are met. These articles include but are not limited to keyboards, monitors and mice.
when used in conjunction with Raspberry Pi computers.
• Where peripherals are connected that do not include the cable or connector, the cable or connector must offer adequate insulation and operation in order that the relevant performance and safety requirements are met.
To avoid malfunction or damage to this product, please observe the following:
• Do not expose to water or moisture, or place on a conductive surface whilst in operation.
• Do not expose to heat from any source. Raspberry Pi computers and the
Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT are designed for reliable operation at normal ambient room temperatures.
• Take care whilst handling to avoid mechanical or electrical damage to the printed
circuit board and connectors.
• Avoid handling the printed circuit board whilst it is powered, and handle it only by the edges to minimize the risk of electrostatic discharge damage.