The Arducam monochrome (B&W) global shutter 1280×800 resolution OV9281 camera module is mainly designed for Raspberry Pi boards, and it can be connected directly to RPi’s CSI-2 camera interface without additional hardware.
This Arducam OV9281 global shutter camera (Rev.B) is compatible with the official V4L2 camera driver.
The sensor’s global shutter and excellent low-light sensitivity allow it to be used for any application that needs gesture detection, head, and eye tracking, and depth and motion detection.
- Monochrome global shutter Camera Module with M12 Mount lens directly inserts to CSI slot on Raspberry Pi. Support Raspberry Pi 4, Pi 3/3B+/3A+, CM3/3+, Pi Zero and more.
- Supported By The Lastest Official Firmware: The Raspberry Pi has recently updated its firmware with V4L2 camera drivers, which adds support including for OV9281. Thus this OV9281 camera module is compatible with the official V4L2 camera driver, and you can get it working easily just by enabling the overlay.
- NOTE: 1) Only the Rev.B version supports the official V4L2 driver. Please use Arducam MIPI camera driver for the first version. 2) The official V4L2 driver only supports RAW data and manual exposure. 3) This camera and RPI driver doesn’t support hardware JPEG/H.264 encoding. 4) Raspberry Pi motherboard is not included in the package.
- Sensor: Monochrome global shutter OV9281
- Pixel Size: 3 μm x 3 μm
- Active array size: 1280 x 800
- Optical Size: 1/4 inch
- Focusing Range: 30mm ~ infinite
- IR Sensitive: No IR filter, sensitive to IR
- Output interface: 2-lane MIPI serial output
- Output formats: RAW8/10
- Maximum image transfer rate: 1280 x 800@120 fps with the Official driver/Arducam SDK.
- Board Size: 40mm x 40mm
- Lens: Default low distortion M12 lens (Part Number: M27280M07S)
- EFL: 2.8, F.NO: 2.8, HFOV: 75 Deg
- High dynamic range imaging
- Unattended surveillance
- Stereo vision
- Machine vision
- 1 pcs Arducam OV9281 1MP Monochrome Global Shutter Camera Module with low distortion M12 Mount Lens
- 1 pcs 150mm 15pin 1.0mm to 22pin 0.5mm pitch FPC cable
- 1 pcs 80mm 22pin 0.5mm pitch FPC cable
- This camera and RPI driver doesn’t support hardware JPEG/H.264 encoding.
- The official V4L2 driver only supports RAW data and manual exposure.
- Arducam Documentation – OV9281 1MP Global Shutter Camera for Raspberry Pi
- 3D Drawing – OV9281 1MP Global Shutter Camera for Raspberry Pi
- Video –Arducam Global Shutter OV9281 MIPI Camera Demo for Raspberry Pi
- Blog – Monochrome Global Shutter Cameras on Raspberry Pi
- Lens Options – Arducam M12 Mount Lens Kit, Arducam Low Distortion M12 Mount Lens Kit