The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is the second generation Raspberry Pi. It replaced the original Raspberry Pi Model B+ in February 2015.
The Raspberry Pi is a single-board computer developed in the UK by the Raspberry Pi Foundation. A credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard, it's a capable computer which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also features Media Center capability and high-definition (HD) video playback capability.
The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B has 6 times the performance, featuring:
A 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
4 USB ports
40 GPIO pins
Full HDMI port
Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
Camera interface (CSI)
Display interface (DSI)
Micro SD card slot
VideoCore IV 3D graphics core
Because it has an ARMv7 processor, it can run the full range of ARM GNU/Linux distributions, including Snappy Ubuntu Core, as well as Microsoft Windows 10 IoT Core.
The Raspberry Pi 2 has an identical form factor to the Raspberry Pi Model B+ and has complete backwards compatibility.Technical Specifications:
- CPU: 900MHz Quad-Core ARM BCM2836 Cortex-A7 CPU
- GPU: Dual Core VideoCore IV® Multimedia Co-Processor
- Memory: 1 GB
- Video Input: CSI Camera Port
- GPIO Pins: 40
- On-board Storage: MicroSD
- Audio/Display Output: HDMI, DSI Display Port, Component over 3.5mm
- USB Port: 4 x USB Ports (USB 2.0)
- On-board Network: 10/100 Mbit/s Ethernet
- Power Source: 5V MicroUSB