I have been pleased with my Raspberry Pi 4 starter kit. I feel like I got good value for my money, and would recommend this to friends looking for their first Pi.
The aluminum case looks nice is silent since it doesn't have a fan, and seems to be effective. While streaming Netflix, I have yet to see a CPU core temperature above 54C.
This was my first Raspberry Pi and I had a couple of problems getting started I'll share for other potential customers:
1. Get your Pi up and running before you mount it in the case. It's one less variable to worry about.
1. If you are planning to use a microSD card larger than 32gb, make sure you explicitly format it to FAT32 before loading a boot image on it. This does not necessarily happen automatically using the Raspberry Pi Imager.
3. I have had trouble with certain HDMI cables on my Raspberry Pi, even after adjusting config_hdmi_boost in config.txt. Switching do a different cable solved my problem.
4. Make sure you remove the SD card and do a dry-fit in the case before applying the thermal paste.
5. Getting Netflix to work takes some extra work, and you need to keep the Pi display set to 720p to prevent screen tearing.